HVAC Service Coordinator Openings
Job Title: HVAC Service Coordinator
Company: Hoffman Mechanical Solutions
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday- based on customer needs
Position Purpose: The Service Coordinator will provide customer service and high-level administrative support for Administrative Services Manager and HVAC service technicians by taking and scheduling service calls, and dispatching service technicians, purchasing of materials, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging travel, scheduling training and meetings, and serve as back-up accounting support.
Employment at Will: Nothing herein is intended to create a contract of employment or to guarantee employment for a definite duration.
Hoffman Mechanical Solutions, a division of Hoffman & Hoffman, Inc., is a company focused on being #1 in the HVAC industry in providing the most innovative HVAC solutions through superior design and customer service.
Service Coordinator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database or presentation software.
• Review, interpret and analyze Field Service Reports
• Manage and maintain service schedules
• Interact with both internal and external customers
• Schedule service calls by gathering information from customer and log call in Viewpoint system. Follow up to determine call status.
• Assist with subcontractor pre-approval process
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
• Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
• Make travel arrangements for techs when needed
• Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, for committee,board and other meetings
• Provide administrative support to service technicians
• Coordinate and direct office services
• Provide information when needed that can be used for managerial reports, financial statements, strategic planning and decision-making
• Perform basic bookkeeping services (setting up new customers and vendors, processing time sheets, etc.)
• Support the accounting team and serve as back up for the Accounting Asst when/if time allows
Service Coordinator Education and Experience:
• Post Secondary degree preferred
• 3-5 years of work experience in a related field or in dispatching
• Mechanical service/HVAC industry experience preferred
• Service management or accounting system experience a plus
• Arrives for work on time and begins to work immediately
• Communicate effectively and clearly verbally and written
• Perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Dependable and trustworthy
• Utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines and to take constructive advantage of idle periods
• Effectively at building relationships and communicating with customers and co-workers
• Keeps work area neat and organized
• Ability to successfully prioritize work and time
• Prior to scheduled time off, completes all work including last-minute incoming mail and scheduling needs
• Earns and maintains the confidence of customers, service technicians, sales engineers, other sales teams, coworkers, and manufacturers
• Displays enthusiasm and desire to get the job done promptly and accurately
• Understands that interaction with service technicians and customers will be critical
• Detailed oriented and able to identify order inconsistencies, errors and omission
Benefits of working at Hoffman Mechanical Solutions:
We are 100% employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). This is a retirement benefit for our employees that is wholly paid for by the company in addition to 401(k) options for employee contributions. There are approximately 7,000 ESOPs in the United States governed by the IRS and the U.S. Department of Labor. Research indicates that ESOP companies tend to grow faster in sales and employment. ESOP employees tend to have 2.2 times as much in retirement savings as employees in traditional companies. In addition to the ESOP, we offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance and PTO!
• Standing: Frequently
• Walking: Frequently
• Sitting: Frequently
• Handling/Fingering: Frequently
• Reaching Outward: Frequently
• Bending: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling 12 lbs or less: Frequently
• Lifting/Carrying 10 lbs or less: Frequently
• Lifting/Carrying 11-20 lbs: Occasionally
• Reaching Above Shoulder: Occasionally
• Squatting/Kneeling: Occasionally
The work environment at Hoffman & Hoffman, Inc. is an open office environment in a controlled atmosphere building. Some work may be required for short periods of duration in a non-air-conditioned environment. Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This document does not constitute a contract and is subject to change at the discretion of Hoffman & Hoffman, Inc
This job description is intended to provide information regarding the essential functions and basic duties of this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and duties that could be assigned. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as it deems appropriate. This document does not constitute a contract and is subject to change at the discretion of Hoffman Mechanical Solutions, Inc.
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Service Areas Covered
Please note that we are not always hiring for this position in all areas. You can check our complete listing of current openings here.
Virginia Beach, VA
Johnson City, TN